|There are many reasons why you might not last as long in bed as you would like. The good news is that there are behavioural changes, health tips, and in certain cases, even prescription treatments that can help you last longer in bed.
The average man lasts between 6 -10 minutes in the bedroom. If you regularly ejaculate before 2 minutes AND it bothers you and your partner, try the following tips to extend your sexual experience.
1. Engage in meaningful foreplay. If done right authentic foreplay (not just going through the motions) will increase the pleasure of both you and your partner for a longer period of time.
2. Practice the squeeze hold. Squeezing the tip of your penis 10-15 seconds before ejaculation will help you last longer in bed.
3. Stop-start method. Practice stopping just before ejaculation and starting again once the urge has passed to delay ejaculation.
4. Relieve yourself an hour or two before sex. If you are confident to achieve an erection again, relieve yourself before sex.
5. Use a thick condom. This will decrease the sensitivity and help you last longer.
6. Switch up positions. Choose positions that create less stimulation.
7. Use toys. Bring out the toolkit and toy-box to enhance her experience and prolong the enjoyment.
8. Don’t let your orgasm dictate the mood. If you come early keep the mood alive until your partner is satisfied.
9. Communicate. Discuss some options, before and during intercourse to make the experience last longer and stronger.
10. Seek treatment. If you regularly orgasm under 2 minutes or cannot achieve or maintain an erection that is considered to be a sexual dysfunction and treatment may be available for these symptoms.
All men will suffer from PR or ED at one point or another. That’s normal. If it becomes a persistent issue however, medical attention may be needed.
To find out if you are suffering from ED please take this self-diagnosis quiz here https://mhc.com.au/erectile-dysfunction/.